Thoughts on the Experience Boston program:
We believe that the Experience Boston program will play an important role in providing balance, clearing the mind, learning through experience, and presenting opportunities for cross cultural exchange not only with the local families but also with the other students, dorm parents and LPS leaders.
Our Thanksgiving 2018 plans:
- Assuming that most of the students will need a small break upon arrival, we will be visiting Old Sturbridge Village on Sunday morning, which is one of our favorite places! It’s a recreated 1830’s New England village with so much to see and learn. We will start with a lovely brunch and then spend several hours strolling through the village and learning from local craftsmen. The students will then return in time to prepare for the very busy week ahead.
- Monday afternoon we will be serving our local community by helping in Cradles to Crayons Giving Factory. Not only is community service a valuable choice of one’s time but it also is important for college admissions!
- Wednesday afternoon, we would like to spend an afternoon at the Museum of Science, hopefully including an awesome IMAX presentation on Engineering .
- On Thursday, we are hoping to arrange for the students to spend the afternoon at a local family’s home to participate in the important cultural event that is Thanksgiving Day replete with the traditional turkey, all the fixings and lots of pie!
- On Friday afternoon, after a long week of classes and private instruction, we will take a tour of Boston via a Duck Tour!
- Finally, on Saturday night, after an intense day of testing and review, we will all wind down with a classic Christmas Dinner including stringing popcorn and decorating a large Christmas tree!
We truly hope that each student participates fully in our Experience Boston program which we argue will enhance their test prep, individual tutoring and study hall efforts.